We are aware of reports that some players are experiencing a situation where their anti-virus software flags the Little Hope executable as suspicious. It can occur most frequently from Windows Defender, but other anti-virus software can exhibit similar behavior.
This is a false positive and is not a security concern. The flag comes from the game’s exe not being properly recognized. Rest assured, the game does not contain any viruses, malware or trojan software.
If you are encountering this problem, please follow these steps.
- First, exit Steam. Then, either disable Windows defender (or your anti-virus software) or add the executable to the exception list / whitelist. The executable can be found at
- If the executable has been quarantined by Windows defender (or your anti-virus software) proceed with the steps 3-5. If not, skip to step 6.
- Open Windows Security.
- Select Virus & threat protection and then click Protection history.
- In the list of all recent items, filter on Quarantined Items. Select LittleHope-Win64-Shipping.exe
and select restore.
- Open Steam again and let the game fully patch. Verify integrity of game files to make sure nothing is missing.
- Run the game