Gifts are abilities that allow a player to give their character an edge over tough enemies. Gifts come in the form of either passive or active abilities.
A few examples of passive abilities are:
- Deft Parry - Fully restores stamina when you parry an attack.
- Two-Handed Sword Mastery - Increases attack power when equipped with a two-handed sword.
- Goddess's Smile - Restores HP when you enter a focused state.
A few examples of active abilities are:
- Dragon Lunge - Dash forward and make a powerful overhead attack.
- Fire Storm - Shoots a series of flaming projectiles that stagger the enemy.
- Ranged Impact - Temporarily increases the attack power of shots fired from weapons by
A character can have four active gifts and four passive gifts equipped at one time. Active gifts have a cooldown and come at the cost of ichor.
There are hundreds of gifts that player's can unlock for their characters. Most gifts are associated with certain blood codes, and therefore, can only be used while having that specific blood code equipped. Some gifts that can be mastered, allowing them to be used regardless of what blood code the character has equipped. To master these gifts, the player can either destroy a certain amount of monsters while the gift is equipped, or use special items found throughout the game to master a gift instantly.
Many gifts are locked behind the restoration progress of certain blood codes. To access these gifts, a player must hunt down vestige parts and use them to restore vestiges for the blood code associated with the gift. Once restored, the player can then purchase the gift using haze, the primary currency in the game, at any of the mistles found out in the world.
Example: If a character want's to use the Deft Parry gift (mentioned above) found in the Prometheus blood code, they'll need to repair the Prometheus Vestige III in order to unlock it.