Thank you for your continued support of Bandai Namco Entertainment.
We are happy to inform our player community that we have resolved the issue identified on Jan 13that was preventing players from upgrading the game “DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” to the Xbox Series X|S version.
A patch coming on Feb 3 resolves this issue by taking the actions, outlined below.
- To execute the following procedure, users need to have an internet connection and more than 50GB of storage to download the game upgrade and data for the conversion.
- Please connect the Xbox Series X|S console to the internet
- Please update the Xbox Series X|S version of “DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” to the latest version.
- Please launch the Xbox Series X|S version of “DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” and select the profile that has the save data you want to transfer.
- Confirm the following messages and select “Yes.
- Please select “Yes” when you see the following messages.
- 6. Once you select “Yes,” you will be automatically taken to the Microsoft Store screen*.
- Select the “Get for Free” button at the bottom left of the store screen. Please select the “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” game data.
- The installation of “DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT for conversion” will begin.
- After installation is complete, please launch “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” and select the profile that has the save data you want to transfer.
- Please select “Continue” and read the save data slot that you want to transfer.
- After loading, when the game starts, please open the main menu and select “Save” in the “System.” Please save the data in the same place as your prior save by selecting “Yes” when asked if you want to overwrite the data.
- Please repeat the above tasks (10-11) for all of the save data slots you want to transfer.
- After completing the above procedure, please shut down “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” and launch the Xbox Series X|S version of “DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT ”.
- After selecting the profile with the newly transferred saves, you will see the game data can now be read.
- After successfully transferring the save data, please select “Continue” and play the game
※How to convert the Auto-save slot for Upgrade
In order to convert the save data in the auto-save slot, please execute one of the following after loading the save data, instead of overwriting the data into the slot.
(1) Open the main menu and change the party members from "Party".
(2) Obtain an item somewhere in the field and consume it.
If you do either of the above, the auto-save will be executed automatically and the auto-saved data can be loaded in the Xbox Series X|S version.
※In the case where the following messages appear※
It means the conversion of the save data in the slot you have selected has not been completed yet. If this happens, please launch “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” and complete tasks 10-11 in the appropriate slots.
*If you wish to continue playing the online version of “DRAGON BALL Card Warriors” from the Xbox One version, you can do so from the main menu of “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT”.
*If you have completed the save data transfer, and no longer wish to play the online version of Card Warriors, you may delete the game data of "(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT".
■How to re-download the game data of “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT”
For players who have accidently deleted (For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT game data before the transfer is complete, please follow the below instructions:
- Select “My Collection” from the Xbox Home Screen.
- From the menu on your left, please select “Full Library” and select “Owned Games”.
- Select “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT”.
- Please hit the banner above the “Play”
- Players will be taken to the store page of “(For Upgrade) DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT” and can select “Install, already owned this product” and download it.
■DLC ”Additional Scenario：-BARDOCK- alone against fate”
As this patch solves the current issue, we will resume sales of the new DLC “additional scenario: -BARDOCK- Alone against fate” and products including this DLC. For players waiting to play this DLC, we truly appreciate your patience.